Do you have more than one medication to take? Are the quantities and times different for each item? Do you sometimes forget of you already took your dose? If so, you’re not alone. Doctors regularly hear stories of recurring symptoms or side effects – due solely to innocent mistakes when taking prescribed medications.
To help you get the most out of your therapies, Pharmasave is pleased to provide custom compliance packaging. The medication manager is a new way of packaging your prescribed doses of medicine along with any over the counter products you take!
The medication manager is a card with 28 sealed compartments that organizes four doses a day for a full week. The doses are arranged by our Live Well Pharmacists exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
With the medication manager, you know exactly when to take you medication. The service is fast, convenient, and could make a real difference in your overall wellness.
The importance of taking your medication correctly.
Following the doctor’s directions is very important for you to get the most out of your medications. It is estimated that up to 50 percent of all prescriptions dispensed are not taken correctly!
When you follow your doctor’s directions, you will feel better faster, experience fewer side effects, and may return to your state of well being sooner. For example, people who are prescribed antibiotics and only take them for half the duration, allow the illness-causing bacteria to build up immunity to the prescribed drug. This can lead to a recurrence of the infection.
Missing a dose, or taking it at the wrong times can alter the way your body reacts to a particular medication. Even if you are feeling better, it is important to take the medicine until it is complete (or until a doctor tells you to stop). Other side effects caused by mistakes when taking prescriptions include decreased job productivity, absenteeism, increased visits from caregivers, and more trips to the doctor or hospital.
The benefits are clear. Compliance Packaging:
- Organizes all your prescriptions, vitamins, and supplements all in one place.
- Gives you, or your caregiver, the confidence that medications are being taken as your doctor planned.
- Clearly shows when each dose of medication should be taken.
- Comes in a secure, easy to open package – no more struggling trying to open vials.
- Offers greater security. If the package has been tampered with, you’ll know right away.
- By using a medication manager, you won’t have to fumble around with several prescription vials – just punch out a single blister, and you’re done.
- Can’t remember if you already took your dose? Check your medication manager to find out quickly.
- Medication managers are easy to take with you.
The medication manager is easy to use, convenient, and helps you take your medication as planned. It will keep you on track with your wellness goals.
For more information about this new service, talk to your Live Well Pharmacist.